Friday, October 7, 2011

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

With more than 2 million people diagnosed in the U.S. alone, we all know someone affected by breast cancer. In an effort to build more awareness and aid others, we are donating 20% of all online sales in the month of October to the Puget Sound Chapter of Susan G. Komen Foundation!

Feel beautiful on the inside and out wearing ilha swimwear. The offer is good for any bikini on our website purchased in the month of October. If you've been longing for an ilha bikini, now you have even more reason to treat yourself! You're not only buying something you'll love, you're giving love (and money) to a great cause.

Up to 75% of donations go toward funding grants to local organizations that provide breast health education, mammogram screenings, outreach and treatment support for undeserved women. The other 25% of net income supports the national Komen Grants Program, which funds global breast cancer research to find cures.

Don't forget to take care of your own health (it's never too early), and we encourage you to find other ways to help find a cure!

Please help ilha swimwear raise as much money as possible for breast cancer by sharing this blog post with your friends, colleagues and family. Your support is much needed and appreciated!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

ilha in Hawaii

We were lucky enough to get in on a fabulous photo shoot on the Big Island, Hawaii. Scott Manthey of ImageArts Photography and models Jessica Johnson and Kelsey Hansen did an amazing job showing off ilha's 2011 collection. We can't wait to see the final photos when everyone returns to the mainland...til then, here's a sneak peek. Gorgeous girls, in gorgeous bikinis, on gorgeous beaches. Enjoy!

Jess in "Beijo"

Kelsey in "Areia"

Jess in "Beijo"

Jess in "Borboleta"

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August...the Best Time of Year

August, the ultimate summer month, has already arrived! Which means we've been busy bees here at ilha. From sales to photo shoots, to being spotted in Seattle Magazine's August issue, there's never a dull moment. Also keep your eye out for Mix Mag, debuting this month. There will be a great ilha feature! And if that isn't enough, photographer Scott Manthey with Image Arts Photography will be shooting our bikinis in Hawaii next week on the Big Island. We can't wait to see the amazing photos and will definitely be posting them here, so check back soon! Now, get out there and enjoy the best time of year ;)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Summer!!

Summer is officially here and we know the mad dash has begun for that perfect bikini to spend it in. Shop online for your favorite ilha style today, or if you're a Seattleite, join us for our trunk show this weekend! RSVP on Facebook.

          Photo: Brian Seppa

Sunday, June 19, 2011

4th Annual Forbidden Fashion Show, featuring ilha swimwear

We loved being a part of this year's Forbidden Fashion Show at the Seattle Art Museum! It was so much fun and our models lit up the runway, exuding serious sex appeal and a touch of mystery to top off the James Bond theme. ilha really stood out with its sexy ruching and playful ruffles.

Eduardo Khawam, producer and director of the show, did a fantastic job merging forbidden and classy.  All jewelry on the runway was handmade by the talented Beto Yarce of Cintli and impeccable hair and makeup was provided by Gene Juarez.

An amazing night was had by all!

Photos by Jorge Hernandez & Orhun Uygur

Saturday, June 18, 2011

New blog!

We have joined the blogging world to keep you up to date with all of ilha's happenings!

Our 2011 collection has been a huge success already this season. With fun, flirty colors and cuts and flattering ruching, ilha swimwear is making a splash in Seattle and beyond. And don't forget, all styles are customizable! The perfect fit, guaranteed.

Stay tuned for photos and more from the 4th Annual Forbidden Fashion Show and other exciting events.